Internship Editor Punjabi Dictionary - native speaker using Shahmukhi script
bab.la is a start-up based in Hamburg, Germany. Our product is a fast-growing interactive language portal, containing online dictionaries as well as a blog about living abroad, quizzes and games for language learning. We are among the Top 2000 most visited websites worldwide.
In April 2015 bab.la joined the Oxford Dictionaries family when Oxford University Press became our parent company. Oxford and bab.la share a vision and mission to deliver quality language-related content to a global community.
We offer paid internships in a true start-up atmosphere with full integration into the team and many exciting tasks.
- Editorial work on the creation of a bilingual dictionary Punjabi-English, using the Shahmukhi script – dictionary to be published under the Oxford Dictionaries brand
- Native speaker of Punjabi, perfect knowledge of the Shahmukhi script
- Knowledge of the Gurmukhi script a plus but not required
- Currently enrolled or degree (BA, MA or PhD) in Languages, Translation, or Linguistics
- Fluent in English
- Excellent language and grammar skills with concern for details and accuracy
- Online and language affinity (‘language lover’)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Highly organized, strong thinker, good communication skills
- Eager to take initiative
- First-hand experience in a German Internet start-up
- Work in a fast-paced but fun and international environment with an enthusiastic team, nice atmosphere and a flat hierarchy
- Hands-on internship experience in one of Germany’s most exciting cities
Hogyan lehet jelentkezni
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your full application (CV and motivational letter) to Mr Moritz Frisch firstname.lastname@example.org